Ice Wax 2.0 - 100ml
Natural Wax Dry Lube
Recommended for Road and MTB in dry to mixed conditions.
Ice Wax is an advanced natural wax dry chain lube. The biodegradable formula features a solvent-free detergent carrier which goes on wet to penetrate and flush dirt and grime during application. The carrier then evaporates leaving a semi-solid dry wax coating on the surfaces of the chain which provides excellent lubrication, efficiency, and wear protection.
Though best in dry conditions the coating of wax also repels water from puddles or stream crossings.
- Blocks dirt to keep drivetrain clean and efficient
- Advanced biodegradable detergent carrier removes dirt & grime during application
- Dries to protective natural wax coating with excellent lubrication properties and durability
1. Clean the chain from traditional lube.
2. Apply generous coating of Ice Wax to the rollers of the chain and backpedal drivetrain 2-3 full rotations to distribute lubricant.
3. Leave the chain to dry, depending on the weather and humidity, this could take up to 4 hours. It is important the chain is dry before riding.
4. Using Ice Wax for the first time, apply a new coating after the first few rides to build up the layer of wax. Top up after the ride - not before, the wax must be dry before riding.
The wax will form a semi hard wax coating of the chain and attracts less dirt. You can therefore expect to top up many times instead of using degreaser to clean and re-wax the chain. The time invested initially to use Ice Wax is rewarded with less cleaning of the chain.